Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Elite Stormtroopers Squad: "Icepick"

2/9/14
More capable than most everyone else in the army, my special forces troops, known as" Icepick", can break apart enemy lines by chiseling away a weak-points. Halo Jumpers in ice and snow...  I wanted to give these guys more of a stealthy kinda look. So I went a little different from my valhallans.


How I did them:

  1. Base coat of "chaos black" (Or equivalent modern day citadel black) 
  2. Overtop of that "The Fang" the dark blue over the black gives them a darker appearance. 
  3. After that I lightly dry brushed on some "Snow White" or "Ceramite White" to give them their winter camo appeal. 
  4. Then I Dry-brushed again with the Iron Breaker metallic to give them a worn or scratched look. 
  5. Their guns and visors as well as the Sergeant's sword and targeter in "Ironbreaker". 
  6. The Sergeant's Face is in Flesh and his beard is a "Mechanicus Grey" with a a dab of "Uthurian Grey" for hi-light. 
Overall this accomplished the stealthy, yet detailed look I was hoping for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment